an image diary

"And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be? ... You'd be nowhere. Why, you're only a sort of thing in his dream! If that there King was to wake you'd go out -- bang! -- just like a candle!"

"Hush! You'll be waking him, I'm afraid, if you make so much noise."

"Well it's no use your talking about waking him when you're only one of the things in his dream. You know very well you're not real."

Thursday, August 12, 2004

Insomnia: woke at 2 am from dreams that kept me alert all night and tossing in bed--dreams I can't remember now if I ever did--walked around the house in the dark thinking the alarm would go off at 4 am and I would be awake to hear it, more: exhausted by 7:30 in the morning. Drifted off around 4, snoozed through an hour of the buzzer, and at last gave up bed just before the light came up. I am certain the cat bit my ass in that time to get a rise from me, but I was fighting with morning. --Made tea, fed the cat, surfed the net for matrix philosophies, and before all could be lost, dressed for a run, took a load of laundry down to the basement, started it, then went out the door. Discovered today a house on Kellogg by the tracks has huge datura plants flowering in the yard. Moonflower moonflower. And this, where the trail along the tracks begins, too, if you can call it such a thing. Ran down towards Main, then a bit further along the tracks. Managed to run most of it and to be out for 5o minutes or so. Not bad for a smoker who hasn't used her legs this way for much of last year. Was shamed into it yesterday by an email from P who obviously runs and cycles great distances--I was talking about N kicking ass and P said I'll have to get running again if i'm to kick ass myself. Call it a kick in the ass. It worked, today, I guess. It helps to have found a trail along the tracks. Hope it goes further, as I can.

"and what is the use of a book...without pictures or conversations?"


[contact me: ghostwordeffigy@yahoo.com]

what o'clock it is

CURRENT MOON

live flowers