an image diary

"And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be? ... You'd be nowhere. Why, you're only a sort of thing in his dream! If that there King was to wake you'd go out -- bang! -- just like a candle!"

"Hush! You'll be waking him, I'm afraid, if you make so much noise."

"Well it's no use your talking about waking him when you're only one of the things in his dream. You know very well you're not real."

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Just watched Saved!

Loved it. But kept thinking: when will abortion emerge?

My roots in born-again Christianity fight it out with my Catholic upbringing and my working class liberal self-righteousness. But am in awe of what I am not seeing: why can't the spiritual take on the real? or: the current political culture: because I'm pretty skeptical and pretty romantic.

A close friend said recently, after much shit that pissed me off, that at least the recent conservative outpouring would result--as it always has--in great music, poetry, art. Look at the 60's he said.

You know, that's not scientific, but I appreciate the artfulness of his point. So get on with it people. Tell me he's right.

"and what is the use of a book...without pictures or conversations?"


[contact me: ghostwordeffigy@yahoo.com]

what o'clock it is

CURRENT MOON

live flowers