an image diary

"And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be? ... You'd be nowhere. Why, you're only a sort of thing in his dream! If that there King was to wake you'd go out -- bang! -- just like a candle!"

"Hush! You'll be waking him, I'm afraid, if you make so much noise."

"Well it's no use your talking about waking him when you're only one of the things in his dream. You know very well you're not real."

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Stuck [meme]

Never did know what to do with the stick once it was put into my hands. Stick it where? Suzanne suggests I run with it.

You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451. Which book do you want to be?

Book of Revelations

Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?

The Percy Bysshe Shelley of Richard Holme's The Pursuit. I met up with Shelley once in a dream: Mexico, a bar on Rocky Point beach. It is warm and crowded and the sand is soaked with beer. He and Byron are deep in a game of chess beneath a pink umbrella, and all I can think is: I've forgotton my Norton. And when Shelley puts his arm around me: where is Mary??? --Then I realize: he thinks I'm Mary...

The last book you bought is: (bought all at once while in Denver, in no particular order)

Robert Lowell Collected Poems, Anne Carson's Glass, Irony and God, Thomas Sayers Ellis' The Maverick Room, Dorianne Laux's Smoke, Benjamin Saenz's Dark and Perfect Angels and Elegies in Blue, Marquis de Sade's Incest, Lorine Niedecker's Collected Works, and 'I Am' : The Selected Poetry of John Clare.

The last book you read is:

Thomas Sayers Ellis, The Maverick Room

What are you currently reading?

Benjamin Saenz, Elegies in Blue

Five books you'd take with you to a deserted island: (five? I don't pack that light on weekend trips anywhere)

James Agee & Walker Evans, Let Us Now Praise Famous Men
Henry James, The Golden Bowl
Herman Melville, Moby Dick
The Shelleys' Complete Works
Milton's Complete Works
Robert Lowell's Collected Poems
Archie Ammons, Sphere
Julia Kristeva, Black Sun
Sartre, Being and Nothingness
Plato's Symposium
a big blank Moleskine notebook

Who are you going to pass this stick to (3 people) and why?

Jake York
Jasper Bernes
Herman Carrillo

Because I love how they think.

"and what is the use of a book...without pictures or conversations?"


[contact me: ghostwordeffigy@yahoo.com]

what o'clock it is

CURRENT MOON

live flowers