an image diary

"And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be? ... You'd be nowhere. Why, you're only a sort of thing in his dream! If that there King was to wake you'd go out -- bang! -- just like a candle!"

"Hush! You'll be waking him, I'm afraid, if you make so much noise."

"Well it's no use your talking about waking him when you're only one of the things in his dream. You know very well you're not real."

Saturday, May 14, 2005

"The Box"

That funny little experimental poem I'd just as soon file into the bone yard as tinker with some more? For lack of what to do for it? I sent it to Fence. They took it. Thank you, thank you Fence.

More work rant: Trying to find a better system. Just last week I managed to get their papers off my desk and back into their hands and the letters of rec written and the pre-enrollment advising done--and then I got sick. Five days with fever and chills, and all I wanted was to lie on my couch and watch Buffy and sleep, and still the kids were writing "can we meet can we talk about my paper can we talk about my absences my good intentions my catching up" and when I absolutely had to be on campus with my fever, I went to my office and hid behind my closed office door. I coughed and the lurker outside heard me cough and knocked on the door. I suppose one response to that is don't answer when you need not to answer. I'm starting to get it. But I'm slow, like I said.

I've got 52 fifteen-page papers coming in on Monday that I've got to turn around by Friday. It's going to hurt, but I'm feeling cheered and nearly well again. Plane ticket: by 10:40 AM on June 5th, I'll be in Tucson, Arizona with a suitcase full of books and a swim suit. By the 7th, my godson and I will be making the great sand sculptures of the 21st century on Sandy Beach, Rocky Point, Mexico. His parents can come too, I suppose, since they invited me. We're staying in somebody's condo. We don't know how long. Now I wish I had an ipod.

"and what is the use of a book...without pictures or conversations?"


[contact me: ghostwordeffigy@yahoo.com]

what o'clock it is

CURRENT MOON

live flowers