an image diary

"And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be? ... You'd be nowhere. Why, you're only a sort of thing in his dream! If that there King was to wake you'd go out -- bang! -- just like a candle!"

"Hush! You'll be waking him, I'm afraid, if you make so much noise."

"Well it's no use your talking about waking him when you're only one of the things in his dream. You know very well you're not real."

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Where the magic happens:

my study at home. Now you know I'm sitting at the little yellow desk and working from a laptop when I post. I am sitting here now. The blue chair is where Romulus is perched now, as I write, and where he sleeps most of his day. There is a thick veil of fur on that yellow comforter and on the navy blue rug.

A few things have changed since I took this picture. The bookshelf is full. I've traded in the school chair for an antique wooden desk chair that swivels and creaks and tips back just a bit too far. It's a good chair. From the window in front of me I have a view of my neighbor's vegetable garden; many labels, not much sprouting yet. From the window on my left I'm watching the clouds overhead build towards the storm we're about to get. It's windy. The sky is all shades of periwinkle and gray. I'm listening to Lhasa and the usual train hailing through town. This is the hour for trains.

Show me yours?


Posted by Hello

"and what is the use of a book...without pictures or conversations?"


[contact me: ghostwordeffigy@yahoo.com]

what o'clock it is

CURRENT MOON

live flowers