an image diary

"And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be? ... You'd be nowhere. Why, you're only a sort of thing in his dream! If that there King was to wake you'd go out -- bang! -- just like a candle!"

"Hush! You'll be waking him, I'm afraid, if you make so much noise."

"Well it's no use your talking about waking him when you're only one of the things in his dream. You know very well you're not real."

Friday, June 3, 2005

iM in love:



What iM doing right now? iTunes and a new green spring slip of a thing. Peas in a pod, we are.

Got PDF proofs from Fence today for "The Box." iM happy.

**********

i'Ve loaded a little over 250 songs this afternoon--had a couple of students tell me they'd loaded over 5,000 (my mini holds only 1,000)--so now i know how they spend their time.

Radiohead is good. i want more of it. --And what the hell happened to my Fleetwood Mac Rumors? Not here. I grew up with that shit. Can't live without it.

*********

Have received lunatic numbers of referrals from google this week: "poems for teachers" and "poems about teachers." Not at all from the same domain. It kinda freaks me out. So sudden. Now is the time for all good students to offer poems to their teachers: such ceremonial end implied.

Tomorrow I say good-bye to my seniors.

Farewell gifts I've received (among them no poems) this term: two squishy toys, magnetic art, a pair of earrings, a little book entitled The Writer's Block shaped like, well, a block containing inspiring quotations and exercises. An illustrated childrens' book, several cards.

Also phone calls from a few questioning their grades.

"and what is the use of a book...without pictures or conversations?"


[contact me: ghostwordeffigy@yahoo.com]

what o'clock it is

CURRENT MOON

live flowers