an image diary

"And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be? ... You'd be nowhere. Why, you're only a sort of thing in his dream! If that there King was to wake you'd go out -- bang! -- just like a candle!"

"Hush! You'll be waking him, I'm afraid, if you make so much noise."

"Well it's no use your talking about waking him when you're only one of the things in his dream. You know very well you're not real."

Friday, August 12, 2005

for A.D.




"—if they're all immortal and powerful and stuff, how is it that one has to invite them in?"

Somebody should write something about poetry and vampires. I'm partial to hunger. Not so much to sucking.

"Vampirism is epidemic in character. Where one instance is discovered it is almost invariably followed by several others. This is accounted for by the circumstance that it is believed that the victim of a vampire pines and dies and becomes in turn a vampire himself after death, and so duly infects others."

***

"Where do you find your energy?"

"I eat amazingly bad poets for breakfast."

"No wonder you're so thin. It's a good look for you. Very chic."

"Thanks."

"Better than lettuce, eh?"

"Way better than lettuce. Way better. More like Atkins. Meaty enough. And empowering."

"Empowering?"

"Yeah, empowering."

"You look empowered."

"Oh I am, I am. "

"Yeah, you look it."

"Thank you. Thanks."

"So how do you know?"

"Know?"

"What's amazingly bad?"

"You don't know?"

"No. Well, I have an idea."

"It's pretty obvious."

"I mean, how do you know?"

"It's pretty obvious."

"Amazingly obvious."

"Of course. You can smell it."

"I like that. You're like a bird of carrion."

"You see my point."

"Yeah. Not bad. Sort of a Swiftian cleanup job there."

"There you go."

"With or without the irony?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, how serious are you?"

"How serious do I need to be?"

"I mean, do you mean it?"

"Did Swift?"

"You're not Swift."

"Not so quick yourself. I'm a fucking vampire, remember? Bird of carrion?"

"Right. Well you wear it well."

"Thank you."

***

"and what is the use of a book...without pictures or conversations?"


[contact me: ghostwordeffigy@yahoo.com]

what o'clock it is

CURRENT MOON

live flowers