an image diary

"And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be? ... You'd be nowhere. Why, you're only a sort of thing in his dream! If that there King was to wake you'd go out -- bang! -- just like a candle!"

"Hush! You'll be waking him, I'm afraid, if you make so much noise."

"Well it's no use your talking about waking him when you're only one of the things in his dream. You know very well you're not real."

Thursday, November 3, 2005

And Jordon:

Reacting to my own defensiveness, of course.

The issue isn't so much that one's empathy is being directed one way or the other -- the issue is that one's empathy is the object, no matter how temporary, of this pervasive morbid competition, the culture at large.

What I want to tell to fuck off wherever it surfaces is this general competitive intolerance. The endless qualifying, correcting, withholding. Which I just engaged in. Just fuck the fuck off.

At the same time, I appear to be in no hurry to let go of my need to be number one or nothing at all.

"and what is the use of a book...without pictures or conversations?"


[contact me: ghostwordeffigy@yahoo.com]

what o'clock it is

CURRENT MOON

live flowers