an image diary

"And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be? ... You'd be nowhere. Why, you're only a sort of thing in his dream! If that there King was to wake you'd go out -- bang! -- just like a candle!"

"Hush! You'll be waking him, I'm afraid, if you make so much noise."

"Well it's no use your talking about waking him when you're only one of the things in his dream. You know very well you're not real."

Saturday, August 12, 2006

. . . . . .



Today is this blog's birthday.

***

Left Tucson Sunday morning, visited Steve and Jake on Monday in Colorado--thank you, Jake, for feeding me and inviting me to stay with you three in your sweet home--arrived in Galesburg Tuesday night after driving 500 miles through Nebraska which is like being on a treadmill for the entire month of November. After that Iowa was delicious.

Now on route to Vermont and typing from wireless just outside Cleveland, Ohio. Listen, I've never driven so much so far. Construction delays and congestion all of yesterday on 80 and 90. I missed seeing Sheryl in Denver thanks to construction and the ramps being closed--a stranger in the city driving through strange streets, lost and looking for a reliable sign of where I am.

***

Me and my map.

***

Vermont looks a tangle. In 10 hours, if all goes as well as possible, I'll hug Suzanne and C. There is more to say, more to remember to say, but I can't type and drive at the same time.

***

"and what is the use of a book...without pictures or conversations?"


[contact me: ghostwordeffigy@yahoo.com]

what o'clock it is

CURRENT MOON

live flowers