an image diary

"And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be? ... You'd be nowhere. Why, you're only a sort of thing in his dream! If that there King was to wake you'd go out -- bang! -- just like a candle!"

"Hush! You'll be waking him, I'm afraid, if you make so much noise."

"Well it's no use your talking about waking him when you're only one of the things in his dream. You know very well you're not real."

Thursday, November 9, 2006

. . . .

9-16-2006-21

November and the thermometer says it's 50 degrees out there and the sun is not quite up yet which means it's going to be warmer than yesterday when the students put on their summer clothes and sat in the grass and sunned. So I don't yet live in the snowy midwest and I don't have to say it feels all wrong. So. I think I will go out for that run again, maybe shake off some of this weariness. But first I will sit with some tea and look at the new work again and try to see something in it I've been missing. Sometimes grading student work reminds me of what I could do better. When you don't know all the rules, you make them up. I've seen some creative ways of making paragraphs this week. That's the spirit.

***

"and what is the use of a book...without pictures or conversations?"


[contact me: ghostwordeffigy@yahoo.com]

what o'clock it is

CURRENT MOON

live flowers