an image diary

"And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be? ... You'd be nowhere. Why, you're only a sort of thing in his dream! If that there King was to wake you'd go out -- bang! -- just like a candle!"

"Hush! You'll be waking him, I'm afraid, if you make so much noise."

"Well it's no use your talking about waking him when you're only one of the things in his dream. You know very well you're not real."

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

. . .

10-22-2006-05



I've neglected you? Yes. But for good reason. I've completed my Fourth-Year Application for Re-Appointment to the Faculty in triplicate. Proofed it this afternoon and delivered it before the offices closed. Congratulate me: this has been months in compiling, three and a half years in the making. The notebooks are fat. The essays much you've been privy to. If anyone has witnessed this process, my process, as it unfolds daily, you have.

Two years to tenure (dare I assume), and then everybody's coming to my place for a party. Mark your books.

***

Bill Clinton is delivering the commencement address this year at Knox, so we'll be giving him an honorary doctorate along with Barack Obama and Stephen Colbert of previous years. The last president to do the same was Lincoln. How cool is that?

***

"and what is the use of a book...without pictures or conversations?"


[contact me: ghostwordeffigy@yahoo.com]

what o'clock it is

CURRENT MOON

live flowers