an image diary

"And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be? ... You'd be nowhere. Why, you're only a sort of thing in his dream! If that there King was to wake you'd go out -- bang! -- just like a candle!"

"Hush! You'll be waking him, I'm afraid, if you make so much noise."

"Well it's no use your talking about waking him when you're only one of the things in his dream. You know very well you're not real."

Monday, January 1, 2007

week one: winter term

00680024



Happy happy new year, all of you. I look forward to another year of reading your thoughts and viewing your world.

***

Thank God it looks as though it's going to clear tonight after all. If you sent good vibes my way, I owe you some back. On the top of the list of this year's most popular resolutions? Give more to others. Heard that on the radio. I watched my mother these last days, poor as she is and overworked, make meals for the elderly in her neighborhood. She visits them when they are sick. She calls them to say happy Christmas, happy new year. She does it in the same way she stayed up late to make shredded chicken for me for my journey and slipped money into my bag while I was sleeping. She gives freely to anyone who needs it and without any expectation of receiving in return. She's always been that way. I wonder if it's in me to give that well. Visit the sick and the poor. Generosity of spirit. Can you make that a resolution and mean it?

***

Meanwhile: Tulsa to Galesburg, tonight or bust. See you when I get there.

***

Home: the house like a cast off shell crusted in its fine layer of dust. Where is the hermit? She has returned to move back in. Smaller than she intended.

***

"and what is the use of a book...without pictures or conversations?"


[contact me: ghostwordeffigy@yahoo.com]

what o'clock it is

CURRENT MOON

live flowers