an image diary

"And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be? ... You'd be nowhere. Why, you're only a sort of thing in his dream! If that there King was to wake you'd go out -- bang! -- just like a candle!"

"Hush! You'll be waking him, I'm afraid, if you make so much noise."

"Well it's no use your talking about waking him when you're only one of the things in his dream. You know very well you're not real."

Monday, January 28, 2008

week five

1-26-2008-01



Also the Feast of St. Thomas Aquinas. Also an achy-chill day when I should not be sleeping off a bug but am. Also warmer already than it's been in days, but still the water in the kitchen is frozen to a trickle and the fridge is freezing my spinach, my coke. The yogurt is too cold in my mouth this morning. It makes my teeth ache, when really I just want the almonds I put in it. It's true, I'm learning something difficult to learn about friendship again and I don't know what it is. "We don't lack love. We lack intelligence." No but we lack love too, I do. It's a minefield in here. I don't trust myself not to throw it at you.

***
And desire ... "I did not see you descending, but now I see you ascending. Why do you lie, since you belong to me?" The soul answered and said, "I saw you. You did not see me nor recognize me. I served you as a garment, and you did not know me." When it had said this, it went away, rejoicing greatly.

--from the apocryphal gospel of Mary


***


"and what is the use of a book...without pictures or conversations?"


[contact me: ghostwordeffigy@yahoo.com]

what o'clock it is

CURRENT MOON

live flowers