an image diary

"And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be? ... You'd be nowhere. Why, you're only a sort of thing in his dream! If that there King was to wake you'd go out -- bang! -- just like a candle!"

"Hush! You'll be waking him, I'm afraid, if you make so much noise."

"Well it's no use your talking about waking him when you're only one of the things in his dream. You know very well you're not real."

Monday, January 7, 2008

week two

IMG_2042



Terrible insomnia. My head is troubled and on no good account. While everything is that beautiful, it is also that heavy. It's as if something attractive is missing, something incredibly familiar. So there was that blush to the roots about which I am clueless. Evidence of something I did: but what the heck what?

***

"... but it's not a matter of reason, you see, it's a matter of love."


***

"Contemplation: a real encounter with the other--an attraction to the other--a choice not based on fidelity but linked to the Father's gaze upon His Son. My own gaze at myself is perfectionistic. But understanding does not perfect me. Trying to be virtuous does not perfect me. It is His gaze that attains my goodness. We have a tendency to look at our faults, but we should strive to gaze at others (and at ourselves) through the gaze of the Father: an active receptivity, a constant vigilance, a trying to open the will to the one who calls, always in the service of loving, in the perfection in goodness, in love. We accept to be attracted, we accept to depend, and we try to cooperate with this attraction rather than try to be virtuous."

notes from "The Vocation of the Oblate," Fr Joseph Mary, fsj

***

"and what is the use of a book...without pictures or conversations?"


[contact me: ghostwordeffigy@yahoo.com]

what o'clock it is

CURRENT MOON

live flowers