an image diary

"And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be? ... You'd be nowhere. Why, you're only a sort of thing in his dream! If that there King was to wake you'd go out -- bang! -- just like a candle!"

"Hush! You'll be waking him, I'm afraid, if you make so much noise."

"Well it's no use your talking about waking him when you're only one of the things in his dream. You know very well you're not real."

Sunday, April 13, 2008

. . . . . . .

IMG_2907



April 13, 2006:

Slept with the windows open. Trains and birds woke me. Yesterday when I left the porch door open a cardinal flew into the house and banged around the six living room windows. She knocked herself out twice but was off again before I could get to her, both of us panicking and unable to see what to do. In a daze, finally, she landed on the easel by the porch door, beak open, panting, eyeing me. She looked defiant, a bit fierce, and so it was: just as I closed my hands around her she flew out the door into the day.

***

April 13, 2008:

A few snow showers around this morning, otherwise mostly cloudy. High 43F. Winds N at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of snow 30%. Tonight's low: 28.

***

"and what is the use of a book...without pictures or conversations?"


[contact me: ghostwordeffigy@yahoo.com]

what o'clock it is

CURRENT MOON

live flowers