an image diary

"And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be? ... You'd be nowhere. Why, you're only a sort of thing in his dream! If that there King was to wake you'd go out -- bang! -- just like a candle!"

"Hush! You'll be waking him, I'm afraid, if you make so much noise."

"Well it's no use your talking about waking him when you're only one of the things in his dream. You know very well you're not real."

Thursday, July 3, 2008

. . . .

IMG_3981



L's right. I missed the black for the sake of the photographs. Thanks, L. Apologies to you who find the white-against-black too difficult to read. I've gotten attached to the night sky. Meanwhile it's 6:15 in the morning and already too hot for that four miles I promised, so I'm off to put in some suffering. Also meanwhile the sky is cloudless and the sun is up over the mountains and it's the day after Zone 3 took the first eight sections of "The Accidental" and the day after both panels to which I'm invited are accepted at AWP and the day after Ray Gonzalez says yes he'll gladly visit us Knoxians in the fall for a reading and the day after it hit 104 degrees yesterday, which is nothing different from today I tell you. Very good.

***

Also meanwhile, I've cleaned up the blog roll and magazine links (way down below) so if you're missing and want to be found please say so. If your link was outdated I surely deleted you but as yet have surely not had time to hunt you down.

***

***

"and what is the use of a book...without pictures or conversations?"


[contact me: ghostwordeffigy@yahoo.com]

what o'clock it is

CURRENT MOON

live flowers