an image diary

"And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be? ... You'd be nowhere. Why, you're only a sort of thing in his dream! If that there King was to wake you'd go out -- bang! -- just like a candle!"

"Hush! You'll be waking him, I'm afraid, if you make so much noise."

"Well it's no use your talking about waking him when you're only one of the things in his dream. You know very well you're not real."

Thursday, September 29, 2005

update: they've scheduled surgery ... october 12 2005 ... she says: it's good, you know, because chris is off on wednesdays

Lorna, Ivy, Teresa, Suzanne, Mary, Rick, Steve, Lyle, Amy, Cynthia, Lee Ann, Jim: thank you. Lorna, you remind me there is prayer in story. Ivy, your mojo is the best I could ask for. T, when I said you couldn't imagine my need, you didn't have to and I took your advice, made tea, stayed calm, called Glenda. Suzanne, you: how did I ever do without your thoughts, prayers, and candles? Mary, thank you for keeping us with you. Rick, I think of you, am with you as well as you are with me. Steve, thank you for Shawn, for knowing what I mean, for 20 years. Lyle, I'm counting on your wishes. Amy, I'm grateful for your words, here and on your beautiful blog. Cynthia, you've seen everything: she's an amazing woman, stronger than I am, resilient, but better for your prayers. Lee Ann, your heart is the heart of hearts, thank you. Jim, your call meant more than I can say...

*

And to Mark who sends a healing poem written for his friend in a scary time, what a gift first thing this morning and all of today: re-reading is a kind of prayer too. And to Stuart and Dara for reading and understanding, thank you.

"and what is the use of a book...without pictures or conversations?"


[contact me: ghostwordeffigy@yahoo.com]

what o'clock it is

CURRENT MOON

live flowers