an image diary

"And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be? ... You'd be nowhere. Why, you're only a sort of thing in his dream! If that there King was to wake you'd go out -- bang! -- just like a candle!"

"Hush! You'll be waking him, I'm afraid, if you make so much noise."

"Well it's no use your talking about waking him when you're only one of the things in his dream. You know very well you're not real."

Saturday, February 26, 2005

Dance and Play

Went to an informal dance concert Friday and a play tonight, Eastern Standard, both wonderful student productions and full of talent and hard work. Had great conversations with students in the lobby, Alissa talking about her write-up of the play for the student newspaper, how she'd wanted to write about homophobia, somehow, but that those considerations had been cut from her final article: Alli introducing me around, helping me put names to faces, those from the program and those from the dance concert the night before: Sylvie promises a tape of her performance, which was for me very moving and provocative and: at the last, I meet Evan's parents and have a chance to tell his father what a great kid he's got, for Evan is brilliant in many ways, and ambitious, and endearing, but also among the most generous spirits I've known. And some of those big souls are Evan's friends. It's beautiful to watch, really. That connection. I had nothing to do with it, but sometimes they invite me in.

"and what is the use of a book...without pictures or conversations?"


[contact me: ghostwordeffigy@yahoo.com]

what o'clock it is

CURRENT MOON

live flowers