an image diary

"And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be? ... You'd be nowhere. Why, you're only a sort of thing in his dream! If that there King was to wake you'd go out -- bang! -- just like a candle!"

"Hush! You'll be waking him, I'm afraid, if you make so much noise."

"Well it's no use your talking about waking him when you're only one of the things in his dream. You know very well you're not real."

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Meeting with the kiddies

this week, all fifty of them. After grading their papers I realized their revisions might be poor if I didn't talk to them in person about the work. And I distrust grading as feedback anyway. They make cosmetic revisions, a few cuts, a few change of phrases and turn it back in. More and more I'm thinking of grading in conference rather than marking papers at home and giving them back. I end up meeting with them anyway.

So that was my day yesterday. Got there at 7 am, left at 8:30 pm, and today's looking about the same. And tomorrow.

Monday they turn in the finals. Then I will grade them again!

Oh, Mexico...

"and what is the use of a book...without pictures or conversations?"


[contact me: ghostwordeffigy@yahoo.com]

what o'clock it is

CURRENT MOON

live flowers