an image diary

"And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be? ... You'd be nowhere. Why, you're only a sort of thing in his dream! If that there King was to wake you'd go out -- bang! -- just like a candle!"

"Hush! You'll be waking him, I'm afraid, if you make so much noise."

"Well it's no use your talking about waking him when you're only one of the things in his dream. You know very well you're not real."

Thursday, May 26, 2005

A story a day:

as the story goes (I didn't hear it first hand), one of my lit students proposed an independent study in my department this term inspired by Ray Bradbury who'd said, in response to a question about writing and accomplishment ("how do you do it?"):

"I write everyday."

So B.J. took him seriously and proposed to write a story, 2,500 words or so, every day. Here 's his url.

Marvelous, no? Puts me to shame, anyway.

"and what is the use of a book...without pictures or conversations?"


[contact me: ghostwordeffigy@yahoo.com]

what o'clock it is

CURRENT MOON

live flowers