an image diary

"And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be? ... You'd be nowhere. Why, you're only a sort of thing in his dream! If that there King was to wake you'd go out -- bang! -- just like a candle!"

"Hush! You'll be waking him, I'm afraid, if you make so much noise."

"Well it's no use your talking about waking him when you're only one of the things in his dream. You know very well you're not real."

Wednesday, January 3, 2007

first day of school

00700008




The Volkswagon Baja in the background? My first car.

***

Went to bed with wet hair and shivered all night in dreams about failing poems and public readings. When the alarm went off, I wasn't ready. Why rise? my head said, and my body shivered and crouched in the covers. It's your first day back teaching! Up up! the alarm said. What is there to see? my head went on, that I must get up and do another thing on my own? I am tired of that. I've done enough of it. The pillow was damp. My pajamas too. My body pulled itself up from the bed, walked into the bathroom, and dug out the hairdryer I haven't used in four years. Here's a reason, my body said. I am cold.

***

"and what is the use of a book...without pictures or conversations?"


[contact me: ghostwordeffigy@yahoo.com]

what o'clock it is

CURRENT MOON

live flowers